Electronics Night!

Thursday night!

Join us!

Hello - um awkward question, what’s the etiquette on turning up to electronics night with a broken electronics item… knowing literally nothing about electronics… and looking for advice on how to repair it? I don’t want to be cheeky with other members time, but I’ve got a TV that’s suddenly stopped turning on, is cheap so should probably just be replaced, but the idea of sending it to landfill makes me sad… Please be honest if not the purpose of electronics night and I should seek assistance elsewhere / get over it and get rid of the damn thing.

3 Likes

The purpose of the eletronics night is to help people to learn and help with their problems with electronics in general, of course we can help you fixing the TV, I don’t like to send stuff to the landfill either :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh thank you!! I’ll definitely bring it along then, keep to get a schooling on what I should have tried. Look forward to meeting you all

1 Like

This is today, also, I Will be there by 19.30!

Fyi @emuboy we got a screenprinting unit today also, this is moving to messy room tonight, so will be out of the way very soon, it’s not put together yet, so be careful around it for now, thanks!

2 Likes

Quick question for electronics. do we have any ADXL 345 accelerometer chips about? just checking before I order some for 3Dprinters

Is this for input shaping? If you need to borrow one I have it

1 Like

I’ve got one spare which I’ve just done a terrible solder job on. (will probably vibrate the joints loose!) No need to bring one in, just wondering if there was a spare at the space.

Alright, let me know if you want me to fix that soldering job