Electronics Night! - MacBook Pro repair attempt!

Electronics Night at the Makerspace

Join us from 7pm for electronics night! Non-members are also welcome to join!

Whether you have something to repair, you would like to work on an electronics project or just hang out you are welcome to come and meet other electronic enthusiasts.

Or just watch me attempt to repair my 2015 MacBook Pro that has liquid damage! What could go wrong!!??? Come by to find out!

Date : Thursday, October 13
Time : 19:00 - 21:00
Arch 1129, 41 Norwood Road,
London, SE24 9AJ

It is in the railway arches, behind the Costcutter, next to Canopy Brewing…

See you tonight!

3 Likes

Glad to hear you picked up the event tonight, I didn’t know if I could manage to do make it, so I left it untouched, I might drop by

1 Like

So you managed to dry the rest of it out.

Not so much!

I bought another broken one off ebay and tried to combine to make one good one!

Some success… it works, but the screen is broken… so at least I can now use it with and external monitor but I will still need to either replace it or fix it further… :frowning:

If the screen of the swimmer is is good, just need to swap it with the broken one. Theres might be some water or salt left somewhere in the other machine. Wire and part connections are a good place to look at also the battery and the hard drive.

Yeah, that was the plan, but the swimmer’s screen doesn’t work at all - swapped it back and forth several times to make sure I wasn’t missing anything… Essentially I ended up swapping the hard drive from the swimmer to the broken screen one, but that will work for now…

Compatibility issue, or thats wet too?

It’s likely that the LCD controller got fried.

If you want to swap the LCD you totally need an ifixit kit to open it

Yeah, not sure - its exactly the same model / year etc. - the side of the computer got wet, so the LCD controller or cable or something may have gotten fried as well… it doesn’t respond at all even after cleaning the connection with alcohol…