Electronics Night 2nd March 2017

Who’s about tonight?
I’ve got some bits to do on the tool control but will have the normal bits and bobs with me…

Courty

I’ll be there, most likely working on this thing!

Iain

2 Likes

I will!

1 Like

I’m coming down, bringing my shower for you to have a look at and hopefully discussing the possibility of hacking it to work the way I want it to!

1 Like

Hopefully coming.

I got the circuit diagram for:

But it’s all Greek to me.

1 Like

Should be there, its been a while. I’ve got the esp8266 dev board running an MQTT client so I can turn a servo. Now to get it running on a esp8266

2 Likes

Might (will) need some help working out where to connect my Bluetooth boards output so it can go threw the pot volume and on/off switch.

1 Like

The Top side of C31 !

Courty

2 Likes

Agreed.

And Paul make sure it is a line level output from the bluetooth

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.

I had to google what that meant…
It’s got an intergrated amp on the Bluetooth card. So I think from my brief google I’m guessing that means it’s at line level. He says with doubt in his voice.

Btw This is a pocket radio not the valve beast from Saturday.

normally line level is without the Amp but you should be able to turn the amp down or add a resistor to the line to make it match

Courty

1 Like

Will the resistor not get toasty?

Not unless the Bluetooth Amp is a spinal tap special and goes up to 11

Courty

1 Like

Me and this steep learning curve are going to have a chat. It’s going to tell me to be patient and I’m going to nod quietly.

2 Likes

@boldaslove This is the way I was trying to explain to you yesterday, the idea is , when you switch the switch to select the bluetooth , will interrupt the radio audio and will turn on the bluetooth.

Yes, the radio will stay on, but the bluetooth will stay off when you switch it off.

1 Like

thanks a lot Andrea!
ill have a play around with that when i get a chance.

1 Like

@RichM - I looked up the current output of the Arduino FTDI chip and for the real ones (not the Chinese clones) its ~50ma @3.3v

the 800 series GSM board recommends allowing for peaks of 1000ma during Tx ! That would explain the odd behaviour…

Courty

Indeed. I’ve just this minute got the right combination of flashing lights by using that board you lent me and a 12v wall wart supply.

Now to see if it’s actually working…

3 Likes

Yep!

Arduino sketch chops the message payload out and converts to upper case. Sorted!

1 Like

Excellent ! - now you’ve cracked it i’ll set up mine :smile:

Courty