Electronics Night 05/04/18

Hi All,

Electronics Night is on tomorrow night from ~7:00 - i’ll be there from 7:45, work getting in the way as normal :frowning:

There have been a few conversations over the last couple of weeks about doing some more robots on the Thursday night. I can bring my robotic friends along if were up for it ? I have a couple of reverse pendulum and a couple of the normal crawler types. shout if you want to have a bots session.

I also have a couple of bits I need to laser but will be at the bench for most of the night if anyone wants to talk Electronics, Arduino, general rubbish etc etc

See you all tomorrow !

Courty and the @electrotechs

1 Like

Funnily enough we were only talking about robots at the space today. Was thinking we could have a robot battle for the xmas party this year. I think someone just joined who makes and fights robots. Could be a laugh?

2 Likes

I will be there , what about the scooter ? :smiley:

1 Like

Ordering parts for the scooter - 2 x 20kg pull servos and a 60A/48v speed controller. I have the FPV headset and RC gear. May see if we can get a decent air horn set too :smile:

Courty

1 Like

Are we going RC?I prefer digital .

I’ll be there with my lunchbox crawler bot tonight. Good to see other bots, but my little guy is more a lover than a fighter (really has a disturbing love for table legs)

I’m more interested in autonomus control than rc. Although my bot is pretty much just 2 tiny motors strapped to a mass of hotglue, plastic, and cardboard, no fancy pid or balancing. Without controlling itsself, it’s no more than an rc car from the 90s.

1 Like

will be there later to finish off a synth and maybe start a new one. Hoping to break a bad run of shorting things and killing them!

1 Like

That seems to be a theme/rule. If there’s one obstacle, small or large, a bot will find it instantly. If you remove that one, it will instantly find another.
Courty