Electronics help pls

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa495668b68>

Hey guys, Im more or less a complete novice when it comes to electronics, and I need a hand with something!

My switch lite has stopped turning on/responding to any inputs, nor does it show any signs of life when plugged in to the charger. Not sure why, But i’m thinking perhaps something has blown in the power supply causing it to be completely lifeless. Its not been used heavily either, damaged and dropped etc etc, literally just picked it up to play some Red dead one day and it was dead.

Would anyone be able to help me open it up and have a look inside for any signs of damage/issue? Please! Hoping it could be an easy fix, as opposed to sending it off to pay through the nose to be fixed by Nintendo…

Thanks!

It will never worth it to send to nintendo, apart from that, have a look at the official guidelines and see if anything works

Well, Nintendo/3rd party repair shop. I would rather use it as an opportunity to learn about electronics a bit etc.

Thanks for the link, I already tried all options on that guidance page before posting and their only solution is to send to them for repair. No signs of life after all reset protocol was followed etc!

This guy has filmed a lot of Switch repairs;

https://youtube.com/@JoeyDoesTech?si=I09hI4ZIs6TGk0mY

Unfortunately it looks pretty hard, very small smd components, have a look at a couple of videos of what you are up against!

I have experience wih mine, I soldered a couple of modchips, there is a fuse on the USB port, that might be the curlpit…

Ah thats interesting! Yes that sounds like a likely culprit seeing as its completely dead. Would you be able to help me take a look at it some time please? Its not urgent.

Sounds like a great thing for one of the electronics evenings!

1 Like

Could also possibly be a dead battery, usually with these kind of devices it’s best to have a look around as you often find other peoples have the exact same issue as you. Also found this https://youtu.be/5biEMrgmD2Y seems like a simple Thing to try before opening it up