Electronic Payments for Markets

Does anyone here sell at markets/festivals and use an e-payment device?

Any recommendations? Do you like yours? What advice would you give as I select one this week? Fees vs subscription, etc.

All thoughts and advice welcome!

1 Like

Sumup. You can have one of mine, you just create your own account. The device is not linked to a specific account. I can leave ot in space on Wednesday.
It is a low fee (1.7%ish per transaction)
easy to use and you can export products onto a e-commerce ship hosted by sumup - also for free. It’s the best that goes around.

Plus you can generate qr codes (last time I used them for slms donations and they were printed around the venue)

If you have a recent iPhone (and i’m assuming android phone?)…some providers let you you take card payments using your phone as the contactless reader (so not needing the separate card reader)

2 Likes

Yes! Monzo started doing that recently.

Just checked sumup app: does that too !

I have android

Screenshot_20240506_201139_SumUp|230x500

I use an iZettle and have been really happy with it, think the fees are similar to most others and I like the UI/card reader design a bit more. It has the readerless phone-to-phone payment function as well if that is of interest!

1 Like

I also use iZettle, I like the reporting system functions well and I can create a little shop Sabrina uses on the ipad/phone to charge for sales with pics of the item so she don’t get it wrong :slight_smile:

They also have a mailing list capture system in place so if your customer wants to be added to your mailing list it will double authenticate for you as in they need to respond that they did agree to sign up to your mailing list.

Another thing to consider is banking as some banks like NatWest have their own integrated payment systems - NatWest additionally also gives free accounting software access while you bank with them and that’s worth a good amount of money each month as HMRC requires all accounting to be digital now.

Amazing! thanks all

I’ll have a look into everything today.

@petra please do bring the Sumup Wed and I’ll have a go :heart: thank you so much – I’ll be in afternoon.

1 Like