Drone kit help

Some of the kids at school want to experiment with drones. I was thinking of buying a kit to put together, and then maybe in the future look at upgrading bits, adding fpv, adding GPS, maybe getting a raspberry pi connected in there for autonomous missions etc. Possibly making our own frame.

What do people who know more of these things think of this?

£115.02 10%OFF | JMT 500mm Multi-Rotor Air Frame Full Kit S500-PCB DIY GPS Drone APM2.8 Flysky 2.4G FS-i6 Transmitter Motor ESC

Hi Rich,
it may be good to start “fiddling” with drones despite probably it could be possible to get something slightly better buying separate parts, especially radio and flight controller (and perhaps I may have some part I can lend, I just need to look at the stuffs I have with me).
Wednesday evening I should be able to be at SLMS, happy to talk about it if you are there!

Cheers,
Alessio

Sigh…I’d love to be there Wednesday evening, but so, so busy.

Any recommendations for a flight controller in particular? Something that runs librepilot, obviously :wink: Also something we can talk to with an on-board Raspberry Pi would be good for future autonomous experiments.