Dremel bits

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4a3ac09c8>

Has anyone seen the bits for the dremel/rotary tool? i was looking for them everywhere, with assistance from @lewisss but couldn’t find them at all!

Did you find them/do we have a working dremel? Made a bit of a meal of drilling out a stuck screw in a laptop and think it might be the easiest option for me… (trying to get the last 0.5mm or so of the head out but it’s in a hole and using a drill just deflects (as the case is fairly flexible and the screw is steel).

Cheers

We should have two dremels and at least one set of bits. I used one to grind off a bunch of screw points at the end of last year.

1 Like

Don’t quote me on this, but I think I’ve seen one knocking around on the shelf above the mitre saw/drop saw

1 Like

i never found any bits, i saw both dremels when hunting but no bits!

I used a dremal which had some bits in last week it was under the electronics table.

Aye that was my experience too - found dremels above chop saw in woodshop - but couldn’t find any bits… Didn’t check under the electronics table but managed my job with a drill in the end.

I have purchased some dremel compatible bits from Lidl.

Will bring them next time I’m in.

2 Likes

Hi Dremel Fans!

I was looking to Dremel some stuff today and managed to find everything so thanks for whoever supplied the bits etc. Took me a while to find the correct match though, so to save you time here is the status.

Dremel 300i and chuck wrench plus a massive assortment of bits is under the electronics desk behind the screwdrivers and pliers tray. Seems like a bit of a strange spot, but that is where the bits were and it is a multi-use tool that could really live in many areas of the space.

There is another Dremel 300i plus a generic ‘Power Craft’ multitool above the Mitre saw in the woodworking shop. The Dremel bits do not fit in the Power Craft, so save yourself from fiddling with that!

Cheers,
Andy

This might be worth putting in the ‘Tools’ section in the relivant page (which might not yet exist) :slight_smile:
https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/c/tools

the dremel was left out yesterday.
just left in the wood workshop on one of the work benches.
you can see it in the photo i took on the router mess post.

thats happened a couple of time with the dremmel. probably the same person couldnt be bother to put the heads away. thanks who ever you are.

I was looking for this yesterday, and couldn’t find it which usually lives in the electronics area in a case under the bench. Nor could I find the dremel replica that normally lives in the metalwork area. Have they both been moved somewhere else?