Does anyone want this drafting table?

This table has been in the messy area for a while now and it’s not the most practical thing so I am wanting to get rid of it / find it a new home.

Note: It’s a drafting table, so very adjustable in terms of height and angle

I will very happily take it - could potentially pick it up tomorrow evening. Do we think it collapses down enough to fit in the back of a small car?

Maybe. It doesn’t get much smaller than this, although you can unscrew the surface from the frame.

What’s the plan for this table??

Doesn’t seem like any one wants it. Or uses it??
Can it justify the space it takes up if it’s not being used?

Shall we get rid of it?

1 Like

Someone was planning to take it, I think there’s another thread…but bumping this might find a home for it

Otherwise we need to find a way to get rid of it

I’ve been trying to get rid of this table for nearly a year :joy: I started his thread Oct 2017

Well…it’s out of the messy room…

1 Like

This is why we need a policy of first people to come get something gets it rather than holding something for the first people who asks for it.

The person that wanted it no longer needs it.
I spoke to them yesterday which prompted this.

Currently it’s just blocking the use of the sewing area.

I think the discussion to get rid of it concluded a long time ago. Now we’re just procrastinating.

Ebay or dismantle?

Do why ever to get rid of it I say.

It’s all about time…

Horrible to see useful stuff broken up and chucked…but takes someone’s time to put stuff on eBay/Freecycle

I’ll stick it on eBay and see what happens…

1 Like

The world is awash with the things ever since CAD devastated the drafting profession. The parallel motion (if it’s still attached. I can’t remember) is a useful mechanical thing, if you want two wires to move parallel to each other. Otherwise, setiment be damned.

It’s on Ebay now…

3 Likes

…it was on eBay a week at auction with no reserve.

It didn’t sell.

What next?

Put it outside with a note on that it’s free

And if that doesn’t work, put it outside with a note saying it’s £10…

5 Likes

I thought I saw it in the yard outside on Wednesday - or was that a different one

Same one…we were doing the 3d scan of the Space and put it out