Does anyone know how to do water damaged iPhone photo data recovery?

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49184c320>

Hey, I have an old iPhone (8 years) which was water damaged which a lot of photos are stuck on. This is before I was using a cloud back up, it’s a model 5 or 5S, can’t quite remember.

Would love to attempt to get the photos off the phone but appreciate it might be a gnarly challenge!

Phone bricked it after water damage and never turned back on from memory, I imagine the rust is pretty extensive inside, but I’ve never opened it up.

Would also take any recommendations for a data recovery company which might take it on

There could be a possibility to remove the band and read the content but you need someone good with good tools, as it’s an old 5 it might not be encrypted

1 Like

Do you know anyone, I think it’s probably a bit bethind my skillset

No, sorry, I don’t

The really good ones might be quite expensive - look for forensic data recovery, see what they offer and call around. Forensic services will be highly skilled and accredited. Like this:

1 Like

You could try Mr Mac London which is not far from Makerspace and has 5.0 stars on Google. They seem to do data recovery, iPhone repair etc. Never used them but could be a good bet.

Just to add - if those forensic recovery services are too expensive, then it’s worth asking them if they could recommend anywhere which would be more affordable. They might also give an indication of the chances of successful recovery (I expect that would be very good if in good hands).