Do we want more computers?

I think that I general use pc to keep were the laser cutter was is a good idea, is usefull to Google datasheets for electronic and could be connected with the printer!
Also is good to have Internet access in the clean area when there is open evening, more than once I had to show people how to join…

Sure. But we’ve got nice boxes for that already. Albeit buried in the snug.

Oh ok then I didn’t know that we already have some machines! As soon one of those came in the clear sky in the snug I’ll try to set it up then!

Not sure if they work @adamjpage was having problems with their video cards

More stuff…

Let’s get . it looks like there is something useful 8n there

Fancy going up to fablab London with me to pick stuff up next week, a couple switches would be good.

If they’re going spare, I wouldn’t mind a couple of switches as well.

I am on my way there and will grab what I can that is worth having or easily chucked in WEEE.

Let me know if there’s anything people want and I will do my best.

Just a couple of switches would be nice for me. That big ass screen does look useful as well though…

Got switched and a couple computers. If they aren’t better than the ones we have I’ll arrange for them to be disposed of but given what was said about the others having broken video cards.

They are dell optiplex 330 with 4gb ram. Core2duo ~2.0-2.4ghz

And three HP procurve 2824s

Can I ask stupid question? Out of personal interest more than anything. Is this stuff been given away?

Yes free, the computers are debatable value, the switches will save us money and the network cables.

Is the an event that happens often?
Is it open to anyone to go along?
Or am I getting the wrong end of the cross over cable?

No, just a one off.

Ok. Thanks.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Free Dell Poweredge 1U Server