Disrepair puffer jackets wanted

Do you have an old puffer-style jacket that’s in disrepair? Maybe it’s torn or worn out.
Don’t throw it out! I’m looking for garments I can repair and make new patchwork garments from.

Got some fun ideas to try out to save garments from landfill. No garment is too worn out. Any colour is great.

Does anyone know where I might be able to source clothes that need repair? A ripped puffer jacket feels like something people would donate to a charity shop but they can’t resell it.

Thank you!
Dougal

This is the kind of jacket I mean

2 Likes

I have a North Face puffer jacket that is a little damaged and worn and I’ve been hesitant to throw it out because I keep telling myself I’ll repair it.
I don’t mind you using mine to practice, if I could get it back though!

Thanks @Walid
I’ll dm you and see what’s possible

As an aside to this, I’ve torn mine and got a patch to repair it. Do you have any insight how successful this is?
Otherwise, do you have any other ideas for repairing them? It feels like it’s way too thin to sew the layer back together.

I don’t have any experience mending coats yet! Only trousers and shirts.
So I don’t know loads but those patches look good. An alternative idea is to make the fix a visible part of the jacket’s story. Use an embroidered patch like [This ] or make your own using the embroidery machine. Maybe make a patch with the date and location when the damage occurred.
Making these patches on the embroidery machine is something I want to explore.