Disc and Belt Sander

Hello all woodworkers.

I found a link to this tool Disc & Belt Sander - Axminster/JET AS612E, which is obviously not in the space anymore.

I would like to propose we look at getting another disc/belt sander for the space. The current table top version we have is fine for smaller jobs, but isn’t the most accurate and the dust extraction has a lot to be desired.

Thoughts on this? We’ll have the space and the extraction in the new arch for it.

4 Likes

Sounds good to me! what are the options / cost?

1 Like

I want to see interest before I go down the route of looking for options and prices. :slight_smile: But also happy to get suggestions, maybe someone has a secondhand one or knows of a good one that’s not being used.

Let’s see what everyone says.

The tool that broke the camels back

Trying to fit that in the workshop was the moment I realised that we can’t it’s another bloody thing in the current workshop

1 Like

The question is did we give it away or loan it

1 Like

Maybe it’s hiding in the snug :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Understood, I like online shopping tho!

What about this:

Useful addition. And more resilient than the table top one.

That’s not true the the little cheap table 1 has out survived many tolls in that workshop including the big one

1 Like

Had a look last night couldn’t find it

It’s gone on long-term loan to backspace in the process of trying to get it back

3 Likes

That would be ace!

1 Like

Thanks Joe

1 Like

We gave it away

That looks like a nice one!

Did we give or long-term loan Jonty said long-term loan

Could be wrong… who did we loan it to?

Dean apparently so meal Jonty bettering him up

Looking back- we gave away the old green bandsaw…

But I didn’t think we permanently gave away the sander

Hey @woodtechs!

Forget the France game… It’s still coming home!

Big thanks to @kyle for coming on a mission to get this back from Hackspace! And thanks to London Hackspace for generously returning it!

6 Likes