Depth of cut on table saw and bandsaw

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa496d70608> #<Tag:0x00007fa496d704c8> #<Tag:0x00007fa496d70360>

Hi all,

I’ve got fairly chunky bit of wood (or rather, a bunch of thinner pieces laminated together) that I need to cut into three guitar neck blanks. I’ve attached a diagram of my plan.

The blank itself is 1092mm (43") long, 110mm wide and 73mm deep. I’ll be needing to cut through the 73mm depth – will the bandsaw and table saw be able to do cuts that deep?

For the one straight cut on the table saw I was hoping to do multiple passes, but it would depend on the size of the cutter and how far up it can be safely cranked; the non-straight cuts on the bandsaw I think should be okay, but I’m not too sure what width blade is in there at the moment and wouldn’t want to strain it too much if it were a thin one.

Here’s the diagram for a bit of a visual aid! The gray bits are the blanks themselves, white bits to be discarded.

As I’ve not used a table saw before (and haven’t been inducted on the bandsaw), I will have to ask for some help with this (if it’s possible) and will repay the favour!

Thanks!

97mm table saw

Bandsaw depends on how long I spend setting it up

Great news on the table saw.

What’s involved in setting up the bandsaw? I’m keen to learn these things and would quite like to be around (if I can be) when you do it.

Would you be open to giving me a hand with these cuts? If so, when will you be around?

Not a problem, will be happy to help .

Thanks @joeatkin2! When will you be around the space?

Give me a an hour or so

Awesome, I’ll see you later :slight_smile: