Cutting and drilling aluminium extrusion

Hi team, I’ve got a handful of aluminium extrusions I need to cut down to size and drill. Do we have an appropriate power saw and pillar drill currently up and running for metals use? If so, would anybody be willing and able to help get me to inducted status on these machines?

Very happy to reimburse with a six pack of your favourite beverage or otherwise!

@metaltechs

could be a good excuse to use the big bandsaw

Yep that seems to be bandsaw+drill press. We don’t have a formal risk assesment/induction as of yet, so I would have to supervise you. I’m happy to help whenever you’re in the space.

That’s very kind, thank you! Do you have availability tomorrow morning/midday? Otherwise happy to choose a time convenient for you another day.

I’ll come around midday tomorrow if that works for you

1 Like

That’s great, thank you. I’m planning to be there about 10:00 - 1:30. See you then!

All measured, marked, and centre punched so hopefully should be easy enough to smash out.

2 Likes

Ill be in shortly :grin:

3 Likes

Another Voron? Or a Tripp Mk1?

Kind of both! It’s a cheap chinese MGN Cube kit I’m converting into a Voron Trident that is going to have so many custom components that it will be hard to recognise as either.

Subscribed to updates on the build of the Trippton Mk1!