Craft and Textile Social - non-members welcome

It’s our monthly Craft & Textile night! Tuesday 5th September 6:30 to 9. Open to everyone - non-members welcome. This is a free event.

There’s no theme or topic this month - I’ll be bringing along a few or my recent projects - and happy to show anyone around the area and answer questions about the machines.

Bring some sewing, some ideas or just come and visit and have a chat!

I’ll be on hand to talk all things sewing from 6:30 to 9.

5 Likes

Thanks Tracy! I’ll pop down, see you later

Hope the textile evening was a success. Any photos?

No - sorry! I didn’t think to take any. Space is looking lovely and tidy though.

I will try to remember to take some next time

1 Like

Great to see you last night - was really taken by the Charity you mentioned and am definitely going to look into ways to help them either as part of Makerspace but especially via my Brownies group (I’m thinking of a used toy and clothes donation drive. I can even get the girls to take the photos and create the captions - which I will then put online).

Hi Tracy, lovely to see you too! Getting the brownies involved is a fab idea. Hopefully I’ll be back in the space soon to finish up my kids clothes. Are you deep into a ceramic apron worm hole today?!

1 Like

Hi Tracy - thought you might like an update - I finished the kids clothes, loaded them onto the Give your Best site and all three items have been snapped up! Off to the post office today to send them out. Has been a super easy interface to use so deffo recommend it if you want to give it a go with the Brownies.
I hope to be able to pop down to the space to help with the aprons - will let you know if get time! See you laters

Fantastic! I’ve also set the charity up as our Charity of the Term for my Brownies group so we will be collecting items and putting them online in a few weeks.

See you over the weekend