Could you help me with my device testing

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa497aa6d40>

Hi guys. I am not member. Could you help me to sort one problem. I need to test my design and I need to use the signal generator. My one broke down and the service told me that I will have to wait several weeks before it is ready. I Literally need to connect a sine 1-2MHz sine signal for 10 seconds to see if the software is calibrating the device . Could you help me sort it out.

Peter

@electrotechs @joeatkin2 ? Anyone who can help out here?

I’m not really familiar with Joe’s test equipment but the equipment here is definitely capable of generating such a signal… The big HP signal generator isn’t connected, is under a pile of heavy gear and I’m not even sure where the right cabling for it is.

I cursory look over the other smaller units do not go as high as 1 Mhz unfortunately.

I have a DDS module with me right this moment that can generate a squarewave from 8khz up to 160mhz. That plus a low pass filter circuit would be capable of providing a sinewave in the desired range.

I’ve been here all night though so not looking to commit to hanging around too much longer. :confused:

when are you wanting to do this?

Hi, Anytime actually :slight_smile:

are you near to the space?

about 40mins - I am in Croydon

ill stick around for about an hour if you want.

Thank you I am going

okies

I can drop off an analog signal generator that goes up to 1Mhz if you want.

Have you sorted something out?

thanks a lot adam, it’s been taken care of and the guy has left happy.

i dug out joe’s hp signal generator in the end.

2 Likes

Thank you very much guys :slight_smile: Now I know that everything is OK.

3 Likes