Closing thoughts

EMF was a great event, really fun again this year.

We really should put in more effort, it was incredible, however we could have done stuff for our village, and we could have had more members attend.

Wondering what put people off?

Sounds great. I would have loved to come but I’m on holiday as are quite a few people. I think the first couple of weeks of August will always be difficult…

Courty

From the point of view of setting up a ‘village’ we were dwarfed by the creativity and efforts of other groups. It would take a lot of time and effort to get to that level. But a nice challenge.

What we did have though, with our ‘free tea and coffee’ and ‘get creative with our LED string’ was a very friendly area where people stopped by to chat and hang out. We had regulars by the end!

I was put off in no small part by the price of tickets and the idea of camping. Plus, I am not really sure what it is you actually do when you get there that would make it all seem worth it. Obviously it is a get-together for makers and maker organizations, and there are talks and stands and tents, etc, but that did not seem enough of a draw to me.

I think what we did was really good, and I am sure we could do it again, maybe we can build our own LED project next time, and rent a proper tent.

Entirely agree. We need to step up to this challenge!

I’m glad it all went well and was inspiring. I imagine being part of something bigger like that is inspiring for what our community space could be. When the little one is big enough I’m there with her.

And, you know, the robo bar has been done (props to Notts was it?) so gotta be host inter-makerspace robot wars, innit.

2 years until the next one, right? I’ll really really try and come this time. Family holiday got in the way this time

Another mention