Clean and Messy workshops booked Sunday 15th April '18 10am to 1pm

A reminder that there’s a big Spring Clean going on this Sunday Morning:

Woodshop will still be open for making, but the rest of the space will be ablaze with activity

Spring Clean event thread

Errrrr, unless there’s been a conversation I’ve not been party to, the woodshop is very much part of the spring clean and will not be open for making.

I’m tagged in the thread and everything.

Them the @woodtechs need to agree what tasks are available to do in the Woodshop

When I asked today @lewisss said there was nothing to do

I agree that the woodshop should only be included in the clean if woodtecs are presant

Of course

The question is though: is there meaningful work to do?

I’m going to be coming down, provided the woodshop is being done (if it’s not then I’ve got job application stuff which urgently needs doing so I’ll stay away).
At minimum: clean the filters, empty the extraction, then lots of hoovering. In tandem, tinkering and consolidating the sheet material in the snug.

Yeah. It’s really not okay that dusty and messy workshops aren’t part of this.

The point was to clean the whole space.

No suggestion that the messy space isn’t involved - just want to clarify what’s going on in the woodshop.

I misunderstood from the thread title.

What do you mean ‘it’s not okay’?

This is a session for cleaning areas that need to be cleaned. If there’s no work to do then there’s no work to do

1 Like

@Jonty_Bottomley cleaned the filters this week

The extraction has been upgraded with new blast gates, and cyclone.

Thorough vacuuming top to bottom would be good (shelves / ceiling racking)
Behind machinery.

I cleaned the filters a few days ago, Mark and I have sorted the cyclone for the extraction, nothing to empty here.
2 big hoover sessions have taken place recently (top to bottom including shelves etc.) though evidently we amass a lot of dust…
Small sheet storage and waste problem has been sorted, definitely things to do in the snug for larger pieces but in reality these don’t tend to stay large for long.
I see little by way of cleaning neccessary.

If it’s been done then it’s been done. I’ll get on with my paperwork instead.

I was also under impression we were cleaning wood workshop but if not I’ll do the loo or something

3 Likes