Christmas Secret Maker - get making!

Which raises the question: are there any parameters? Time, expense, size?

This would have to be done via @jonathanjo but in the original game the hat cannot ask and answer questions so I would lean towards no.

1 Like

No parameters on size as that is not necessary a reflection of the amount of work that has gone into something. Do we want to set a budget and time limit? What is the consensus? If so I would suggest up to £10, or £15.
If we were setting a time limit I think it shouldn’t include drying time etc - only the time you are actively working on it.

I think a suggested monetary limit keeps things sensible, but stipulating a time unnecessary I think, I might enjoy spending 3 days making something for the process, and no one will present something they spent only 5 minutes on surely… (I’m looking at you here secret gift giver… :wink:)

Obviously I don’t have 3 days spare, would be good if I did :slight_smile:

1 Like

When will we have the name of our “target”?

1 Like

Ok great. so how much do u think is a reasonable amount to spend on materials?

As soon as @jonathanjo has done his stuff. Hopefully in a day or so.

1 Like

Ummm, between 10 and 20?

1 Like

Shall we say aim for around £15 then?

Hi All – I’ve done the shuffling and sent all the messages so you should know who you’re making for. Keep it a secret so it’s more fun! All best, J.

PS. If Beth decrees that I should intermediate for sizes or whatever than I’ll obey. Otherwise my lips are sealed.

4 Likes

For those who can’t make it down on Saturday there is a shelf in the snug where you can leave your gifts.

Sorry to people clearing the snug but it is only for a few days and I hope you don’t mind.

4 Likes

Just want to check we have got this the right way round, lol

Courty

http://newsthump.com/2015/12/04/office-staff-terrified-after-dyslexic-co-worker-organises-secret-satan/

4 Likes

Just to say a big thank you to everyone who took part. And a big thank you to @jonathanjo who made it all possible. There were some awesome gifts and I know a lot of time and effort and certainly frustration went into them. And the fun hasn’t finished because some gifts are still being completed. We had things made in the wood workshop, on the laser cutter, 3D printer, in the oven, and with the soldering iron. Thanks all!!

6 Likes

Did anyone take pictures?

See Flickr. Link from main website, it’s the South London Makerspace group pool.

Thanks. You’re pretty good with a camera, Toby!

But this one is my favourite. It makes me look really tall.

2 Likes

The earlier ones are by Kylie, that one included. Tis all attributed on Flickr. But there’s a few nice ones in there, for sure.