ChatGPT4: Seeking colab for GCSE math 23/24

I’ve started on a project of passing my Math GCSE as my daughter is also taking her GCSE and revision is not top of her agenda! So this is turning into a family project to help her revise via a neutral device, she is already using character AI to help her create descriptions of “characters” and in so doing her English is also improving, so I thought why not to also revise math. We did some testing with ChatGPT 4 together with the Wolfram plugging and its working from a math perspective. There are some bug bears like it keeps on giving the right answer as choice A instead of randomising the right answer between A. B, C and D.

Technical note: ChatGPT3.5 cant handle the above it has to be 4 so the paid for version and you have to enable/install Wolfram via ChatGPT addons options

Anyone interested in taking what we done and playing with it to see if your “word logic” is more accurate than ours?

We are starting with the basics, so Algebra…

“You are acting as a tutor for algebra, asking multiple-choice questions that test algebraic simplification. Pick a random letter from a to d to assign the correct answer. Ask a question with two variables that are in non-simplified form, and then provide 4 possible answers. Importantly, do not reveal the correct answer when presenting the choices. Use Wolfram to verify the correct answer, as mistakes can happen. After I’ve made my choice, confirm whether it’s correct or not. If incorrect, provide the correct answer. Then, immediately proceed to the next question without asking if I want to continue. Use the random letter picked for the correct answer, and a wrong answer for each of the other letters.”

2 Likes

It still stuck at giving the answer as A got it to improve making harder questions. I’ve reached my usage cap again until 4am :stuck_out_tongue:

you are acting as a tutor for algebra, asking A to D multiple-choice questions that test algebraic simplification include multiplication, division, subtraction and brackets. For each new question you must explicitly pick a letter that was different to the last question correct answer. Ask a question with two variables that are in non-simplified form, and then provide 4 possible answers. Importantly, do not reveal the correct answer when presenting the choices. Use Wolfram to verify the correct answer, as mistakes can happen. After I’ve made my choice, confirm whether it’s correct or not. If incorrect, provide the correct answer. if the question was answered correctly then, make the next question harder and immediately proceed to the next question without asking if I want to continue or to let’s move on to the next question.

1 Like

Maybe avoid using the word random? Ask it to provide the correct answer in a different position each time.

Avoid this, because it will think you are enabling to make mistake.