Ceramic area open for use!

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa496a887d8>

Hi fellow makers and potters,

I am happy to announce that the ceramic area is now ready for use!

Please note that a short induction is required for everyone intending to use the ceramics area. The plan is to have this induction as an online test but as it is still in development it will be a face-to-face for now. The induction will provide essential information on health and safety and a guideline for reclaiming clay.

In preparation for stocking up on clay, we would love to hear from you about your preferences and planned projects.

Until we get our kiln, we’re fortunate to have a ceramic artist in the Arch who offers her kiln on kilnshare. For firing you will need to organise directly with her. Her firing temperatures are as follows:

• Bisque firing to 1000°C (suitable for both earthenware and stoneware)
  • Glaze firing to 1080°C (specifically for earthenware)
  • Glaze firing to 1250°C (requires hiring the entire kiln, as she primarily works with earthenware)

Any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to @CeramicsTechs

57 Likes

Wooop ! Well done everyone :star_struck:

2 Likes

Amazing milestone! Thanks to everyone who made this possible!!!

2 Likes

:raised_hands:

1 Like

I like a finely grogged white clay. I used to get a stonewear one but there are earthenware versions available these days.
Thank you

1 Like

Is there an induction list up?

1 Like

Not yet. I am at the space on Wednesday.

Can’t make Wednesday
But thank you :pray:

what times?

from 1pm onwards until the open evening is finished

Amazing effort! Thanks Karin and to all those who helped make it happen!

2 Likes

Fantastic news! Well done to all involved

1 Like

Great news, looking forward to it

1 Like

We have some clay in ceramics to try and the first people got their hands dirty.

@Clara_Mecacci , @Elena_Maria_Lima and @Alessia_Malpangotti

11 Likes

Hi, sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere (couldnt find it from searching), but will there be inductions for the pottery wheel?

Or is it open for anyone to use and learn by doing?

Thanks

The ceramics area overall has an induction requirement before use which is at the moment face-to-face until we move it online. Let me know when you are in it takes like 10 to 15 min

Hello, would love a quick induction (I’m familiar with ceramics - learned in Morley college) let me know when you are planning to be in the space and I’ll try to make it? Thank you!!!

Would there be appetite for a throwing introduction? I’m by no means an expert but I’ve been doing it for about 6 months and could probably show people the basics

2 Likes

I am planning to be in the space on Monday

1 Like

Yes let’s do it I showed a couple of people but it would be good to do a day.

2 Likes