Cargo trike

Hello,

I’m going to cut up a couple of old bikes and wood them together into a Christiana-style cargo trike.

I’ve found surprisingly little info to go on:

Does anyone have anything to add?

2 Likes

No, but I want one :slightly_smiling_face:
Would have to lock it up outside though, which would be a shame.

2 Likes

I met someone from Shoreditch in Brockwell park who makes these… If i see him again, ill get his contact/ask a friend who knows him better

2 Likes

@tomkirkman made one already?

1 Like

I’ve nearly electrified a tricycle

Laura Kampf on YouTube does lots of bike hacks if you’ve not seen her already. Not super detailed builds in terms of theory but lots of variety and some neat ideas which might help?

1 Like

I’ve found a couple of bikes to chop up!

2 Likes

Another question…

If I were to consider adding electric assist, should I be looking at something like this?

Tacked this together today.

Must be nearly finished, right…?

2 Likes

You might want to consider rider comfort little more?

3 Likes

Luckily it’s not for me.

2 Likes

Little bit more progress

2 Likes

Good idea, tick!

Hi Rich,

Just seen this - hows it going ??

I’ve electrified three so far so happy to discuss if you want to IM me ?

Courty

Not much progress to report - I’m mostly staying in London and home-schooling Luke.

I’ve ordered a TSDZ2 mid-drive and a battery and I think I’m going to stop welding until the motor arrives so I don’t weld anything that gets in the way of the motor.

Mid-drive is Defo best for a cargo bike.
I was going to say you need a decent battery especially if the bike is heavy.
Be interesting to see what range you get…

If you want it road legal, worth looking at some EBike lights connects to the controller/battery. I have some that are up to 72v and are v bright…

Courty

1 Like

One of the reasons I liked the TSDZ2 was that it seems really straightforward to install.

Good to know I know someone who might be able to help if it all goes wrong though!

Few more photos.

8 Likes