Canopy Beer Sign

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4b6235d18>

A few things I’ve learnt after cncing on Tuesday:

• Some of the clamps with insufficient fill broke when tightened, needing more with 100% fill / made out of bendy but rigid material
  • sinking the screws on the table to allow for sheet material thickness inconsistencies
  • template for locating screws
  • t-rulers
  • grip tape all around the cnc
  • emergency stop on the right side

Wild ideas:

• projector projecting a design down on the bed with its location
  • mandatory blower and extraction for jobs with high removal rate, or ffp2 masks
  • identifying correct plunge speed for individual tools, think we were going too fast with 19.1 2 flute on 2m/min … the bed does bend, but i wasnt happy with the way it did, despite the cut result was excellent in majority

Andy and I are working on a few of those already. Just to document a couple things:

It would be cool if someone would add a button the ui (just a bit of python) that jumped back into G53, and then points out each location with a fake tool change prompt at each. I think it would show on the backplotter and real life where the screws are. Any takers?

Because we will occasionally resurface the spoilboard and take the level down, we feel its better to know where to avoid screws as opposed to discovering them along the way. Countersinking each time would give us one or two less uses of the board. An easier but expensive approach would be to get a much thicker spoil board and then counter sink from the start.

Remember had clamping issues with that job that affected plunges (through cuts where the spoilboard was untouched). The next test job had slower plunge rates that actually caused rubbing so we had to push plunge up.

We had a drill operation (lots of down pressure) that caused the bed to deflect several mm in the middle; you have to keep reasonable expectations given our machine.

2 Likes

Okey dokey.

Deflection of several mm? I mean should we reinforce the middle of the bed?

2 Likes

Arch 2 Sign is done!

Thanks to @Kyle and @Julia for their work on this!

6 Likes

Nice one, the rest of the windows are coming this week so apart from some temporary boarding up at the bottom and some minor finishing, the front of arch 2 is complete.

3 Likes

Great! Thanks @lewisss!