Can not log onto Ruby for the laser :(

Good evening!

I’ve had difficulties tonight trying to log onto Ruby for using the laser (I have been inducted and created an account during this induction), it tells me my password is invalid. I’ve tried all the passwords I would have possibly used! I’ve tried to reset my password but the email never comes through :frowning:

Luckily someone here let me use their account but does anyone know why it’s not working for me?

I appreciate any help on this!

Hello! There are instructions on how to rest your password on the laser tool page:

Resetting Your Ruby Password

On the Laser PC:

1. Go to Desktop / Reset Ruby Password
  2. Enter your email
  3. It will confirm you’re found and your temporary password has been set (or say not found).
  4. Users will have to set their own password upon login. The temp password (printed when you launch the script) is Aaaaaaa1

Full details here - Laser Cutter - Trotec Speedy 300 - Tools - Discourse – South London Makerspace

1 Like

We got Lauren sorted. Note that my reset script is case sensitive. If someone is up for a challenge, I think changing the query to {Email: /^email$/i} would fix that.

1 Like

It needs an operator as well, so

{Email: {`$regex: /^$email`$/i }}

(extra backticks for powershell’s benefit). I tested it a few times on my account and it seemed to work, so I made the change in the script.

1 Like

Thanks for doing that! Did they remove support for direct criteria? Just curious, it’s been a while since I’ve dealt with Mongo!