Buying rip blade for the table saw

Starting a new project in the woodshop in the next week or so and I’ll be doing a fair few long rip cuts on fairly hard wood, my current plan is to save myself the pain of scorch marks etc. by buying a new rip cut blade and leaving it in the space once I’m done - what are the main things to look out for for our table saw?

I know that rpm rating is very important to avoid fun surprises, anything else - bore size, diameter etc.? Some guidance from @woodtechs would be great

i can check the (bore) size tomorrow and report back

The manual recommends a minimum blade diameter of 200 mm and a maximum of 300 mm. Also according to the manual, the blade bore should be 30 mm with an rpm of 4000. I think there is a spacer used to accomodate a different bore size but I don’t know it which is a shame, I just got home from the space right now.

Let the techs confirm these figures, then we will know if the manual (hosted by SLMS) can be relied upon!

Edit 3 days later:
Nobody else responded. I checked myself and the blades in the Makerspace are all pretty much 300 mm diameter with a 30 mm bore. The spacer I mentioned has a 22 mm inner diameter which sits on the spindle, and a 30 mm outer diameter to accomodate the blade. Hope this answers people’s questions for next time!

1 Like

Nice one mate - thank you!