Busy times in the woodshop?

At the woodshop induction it was apparent that the shop can get very busy very quickly, with a maximum working occupancy of around 3 people in normal use. In the experience of people who are there relatively frequently, is overcrowding ever/often a problem? Are there specific times where the shop tends to be busier and others where it tends to be quieter?

Quiet during the day, and unpredictable on evenings. Anyone do better than that?

EDIT: should have said weekday during the day! Thanks @TomHedges

3 Likes

Weekend day times likely to be busier than weekday? Generally very quiet before 1pm in my experience (space in general)

2 Likes

I think that’s pretty accurate but it really depends. Last week I was on my own for hours from the late afternoon through to evening.

When someone came in usually to drop off, pick up say hi or use laser cutter.

I think weekends are definately a busy period for the workshop.

Thanks! I think I’ll aim to get started during the week for now so I can potter without feeling like I’m taking up a space. :slight_smile:

Weekend mornings are good normally but check there isn’t an induction going on

1 Like

Definitely nice to have the run of the workshop when it’s quiet - but please never feel like you’re “taking up space” if you aren’t a confident, expert woodworker. We are all about the learning.
Plus, it can be nice being there when it’s busy, as it’s a great chance to meet people with ideas and expertise that you can learn from. I learn something new every time I talk to a woodtech!

4 Likes