This project is still in BETA, don’t expect it to work flawlessly all the time.
A display that shows upcoming departures from Herne Hill station and the 2 bus stops on Norwood Road (in both directions). It’s an ESP32 with a lot of memory running Micropython and driving an e-paper display. It gets its data from the TfL & National Rail APIs.
New, custom made
It might fail to update and/or show you incorrect times. And you might miss your bus/train
Until we’ve tested it a lot, maybe also check your phone?
- Decide that you want to leave the space by train or bus
- Look at the screen, and wait for it to show the bus stop or train station you need
- Walk to the train station or bus stop (or run, depending on how late you are)
If the “last updated” date at the bottom of the screen seems more than a minute or two off from the current time, the device might have crashed. You can turn the device off and then on from the wall plug, and it should reset itself and work again.
If it still doesn’t work, or if you see some strange behaviour or incorrect data, contact @futureshape.
- ePaper display: https://www.waveshare.com/7.5inch-e-paper-hat.htm / https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075R4QY3L?ref_=pe_27063361_487360311_302_E_DDE_dt_1
- TODO: upload code to Github