Box making course short notice Saturday 24th February

I am possibly holding a box making course / domino/festool induction this Saturday 24th February if I can get enough participants.

You will learn to use the tracksaw to dimension sheet goods materials, use the mft (multifunction table) fence system to
Make accurate and repeatable cuts,

The domino jointing system is a very accurate mortising machine system along with loose tenons that can be used in all forms of furniture making.
Think biscuit joiner/ dowels on steroids!!

After the course you will be able to make a box, anything from a small trinket box right up to a kitchen cabinet, speaker cabinets, wardrobe or a full wall tv/bookcase cabinet the only limit is your space and imagination.

It will run from 11:00 to 16:00

Bring any designs you have and I will be happy to discuss them.

Fee Ā£20
Includes materials and you will leave with inductions on the tracksaw and the domino machine once you have completed your first project on the tracksaw and domino.
Maximum 5 members
You must have done the basic wood induction!

First five to sign up get in!

2 Likes

Would love to do this but Iā€™m away this week unfortunately, will keep an eye out in case you run another though!

Iā€™d like a place please

I would love to join please.

Iā€™d love to join! Thanks for organising

Iā€™m in

Im in!

@charles
@Nad
@Mike_P
@iNerdier
@Oddstag

All booked in, please try to be on time, there is a lot to cover.

4 Likes

I have a pile of birch ply off cuts, any use for practice here? I can bring a bag full.

this sounds really fun @lewisss, I hope you run more courses :slight_smile:

Not necessary, as we will be making a new cabinet for the wood workshop, but if you want to practice with them after the course feel free!

@lewisss Wondered if there were any more of these workshops planned/in the pipe?

Thanks

1 Like