Blocked welder

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa499966aa0>

@metaltechs hello, I was experimenting with different voltages on the welder and failed to pay attention to the quality of the feed and it’s fused itself into the nozzle - is this something I can repair myself or will it need a new nozzle? Happy to pay myself

I have disamled the head, if simple I can proceed with drilling it out perhaps or will wait for a tech to advise? 17271986393804601934495957307502|376x500

Ideally that nozzle looks like it needs replacing. Drilling it out will make it the wrong diameter and it will likely fuse again. If you can free it without increasing the diameter then do. Otherwise we will need to replace it. This happens…

1 Like

We have replacement nozzles…

1 Like

Thanks for confirming that Andy.

Damned if I can find them though :grimacing:. I will hunt them down and change it next time I’m in if Matt hasn’t already done it.

Should be in a small plastic box in the drawers under the welding table?

2 Likes

I didn’t fix no, just left disassembled

No worries. Thanks for the heads up.

Nozzle has been changed.
Note to those reading this - if you metal doesn’t weld - check ground connection.
Don’t put welder on max power - it won’t help, melt, splatter and oxidize.
Don’t increase gas flow, it’ll become turbulent and bring more oxygen into the welding seam, not less.

9 Likes

Thanks, I was following the troubleshooting guide but I wonder if we could add this info there?