Biscuit Jointer

There has been a little discussion on discourse regarding the purchase of a biscuit jointer such as :

did we buy one?

if not does anyone have experience of them ie quality brand etc

Suggestion: People have asked about this before, so maybe reformat this post as a pledge drive and get @woodtechs to advise which machine they’d be keen on?

I have that exact model. It’s pretty good!

I’d throw into a pledge.

I’ve used a domino joiner before, and it was an awesome bit of kit. I think it was made by Festool

Can we please put this on hold for a bit. , we have a big enough induction headache at the moment .

If we buy one it will not come into use for a while, second hand tool induction is not going to happen for a bit. (Skill saw and router )

But I reckon a DeWalt is usually good

1 Like

@lewisss can you build it into your inductions?

How are the spanners coming on , we will need them for this induction

If you are looking to use biscuits to join two pieces end on end horizontally or end to end as a butt joint mitre these can be easily done with the router,

Where a biscuit jointer comes useful is on 45• mitres
And placing biscuits in the middle of a piece of wood
( think vertical sides of bookshelves for shelves to slot into)

TBH I have never used one so not sure of usefulness myself… please convince me!

1 Like

Bugger. I left the wrench at home. Was going to make them tomorrow…

Great tool, it basically makes mortises to fit pre-cut loose tenons into, 10x the price unfortunately

yeah Mark I have seen the way that you have created the units in the workshop so have designed my furniture to use routered out rebates too. I was planning to use the biscuits so that the aesthetics of this piece of furniture were also taken into account, rather than actually seeing the joint.

Im going down the workshop later, will chat face to face if youre around

They look amazing, but the cost is certainly prohibitive

Blind rebates are not difficult with a router

cheers, will have a bash at it :slight_smile:

Have used a festool - - great tool (as are most of the Festool line) and super simple to use… though not cheap… Would be happy to chip in for one.