Bike Repair Night + Wheel Building!

Dibs on wheel truing slot.

Does anyone have a cassette (shimano) tool + Chain whip I could use please? My rear mech finally gave up yesterday so going to order a new drivetrain to fit on friday.

Ill also bring my tools and am happy to help people out with their bikes also! Excited to get my wheels sorted.

1 Like

I’m in!

I won’t have everything to rebuild my wheel by Friday, but will need to do it soon so will participate in the learning.

1 Like

There’s one in the space. Currently the ‘bike area’ is a small white plastic box in Metals, stored on the grey shelving unit near the wooden column.

What would folks think of a more structured bike tool kit and area? I think it would be very handy, since we have a very basic kit and currently subpar storage for it, and that’s the extent of it. Perhaps if someone wants to run through what we have with me, we could also have a think about where to fit a bike repair spot/ tool corner. If there’s capability and demand for a lightly managed bike area, I could volunteer as tribute/tech if people want that.

I think its a good idea, lets discuss on Friday and see what the bike interested members think!

This all sounds great, i’ll be in on Friday eve using the mini CNC but if don’t get bogged down i’ll up for some wheel trueing action.

1 Like

Just had a rivnut in my carbon fork start free spinning, I’ve managed to carefully use a junior hacksaw blade to cut it up into small segments and pull them out of the fork, but now I need a new rivnut and rivnut tool, does the space have these?

1 Like

Im 100% up for this. And also happy to volunteer as a bike tech also. I thought it was a shame to see the lovely Park Tool pro work stand on the floor behind the door in the messy room, we could easily find a better dedicated spot for them and the tools.

Perhaps once metal working has moved and we can spread the screen printing and paint gear out and have a big sort out of that room (which im also super keen to get involved with ASAP) we can dedicate a lil section for bike tool storage.

1 Like

Sounds good! Would love your help! Metal will be moving this weekend, so maybe we can formulate a plan on Friday!

sounds good to me :slight_smile:

Hey Andy, what can we do about transport?

You around mid day?

See everyone later tonight!

Will anyone have cable cutters amongst their bike toolkits tonight that I could use please? Thanks!

1 Like

I can bring a decent one, yes.

See you all later!

1 Like

Me too

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

I’m held at work and won’te be able to make it guys apologies.

Great event everyone! We had about 15 people, all kinds of bike fixing happening!

Big thanks to @hernehillier for the in depth tutorials on gear indexing and wheel truing!

Will setup another one soon, there were so many bikes we didn’t get to lots of them, and still need to go from wheel truing to wheel building!

5 Likes

Cheers, great to see so many folks were interested.

2 Likes