Bike Repair & Maintenance Meet-up!

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa4985c0870>

Come to the South London Makerspace Bike Repair Meet-up!

Have you been meaning to tune up your bike? Got one sitting in the shed and it needs something to be road-worthty??

Come! Bring your bike and any necessary spares and let’s get them all fixed up together and have some repair fun!

Date: Tues, March 1st, 2022
Time: 7:00PM - 9:00PM (ish)

4 Likes

Ooohh, that sounds great!! I got a few cans of muck off for the bike maintanance shelf the other day… I’ll join as I totally have a bike to fix!

2 Likes

Nice!! I will be there today :slight_smile:
I won’t be able to take my bike, but I am happy to just watch and learn how to do it

1 Like

Hi all!

I am running late, be there 7:30!

Looks like the shutter is open, so see you soon!

One bike done!

Brakes adjusted
Fender mount fixed
Chain lubed

1 Like

Another done!

Front and rear brakes adjusted
Shifter adjusted - chain was off by one whole gear!
Chain lubed

1 Like

And another:

Chain lubed
Checked over

1 Like

Rare dual cross brake levers!

Brake from two different positions!

3 Likes

That was fun and we should do this again!
Let us know If anyone/you would like an event rather soon and I’m sure we find a date.

3 Likes

Didn’t get to work on my bike, thought I’ll start when people arrive but that didn’t work out.

If i don’t fix my bike by the next one, I’ll join.

2 Likes

Ready for next time!!!

1 Like

This looks great!

I am currently looking into getting some safety gear and accessories for my bike like reflective stickers and spoke reflectors.

If other are interested we could get some together and share the cost. They usually come in bulk so it much cheaper that way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im happy to pencil in another date, I might have not been that honest about hte amount of work I have to do on my bike(s). The one Im riding now is borrowed because my longer distance bicycle needs to have ball bearings in the bottom bracket changed, I have been postponing it, somehow. Then I have a folding bike for zipping to shops locally or on train, which I mended really nicely, then got it out and got a puncture. All before we were moving flats, so most of my bicycle fixing endeavours undertook a defenestration.

Im trying to say. I will be there next time unlesss its a Wednesday, Im generally free other evenings.

1 Like

Time for Bike Maintenance again! My brake cable just snapped last night!

Best time / day for people like @petra, @kyle, @Clem - anyone!

Tick off all that you can make…

• Sunday, June 12 - 7pm
  • Monday, June 13 - 7pm
  • Tuesday June 14 - 7pm

0 voters

I was thinking about this yesterday! Cool, Monday only for me this time .

1 Like

Monday seems to work! Here is the event!

Members - Add yourself to the space booking if you are coming!
https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/21-00-bike-maintenance-meet-up/22134

@Luke_Willoughby this might be cool for you!

2 Likes

Ha,
I was looking this morning into when I could do this. We all seem to crave for another session.
I’m busy on all of these days though, free between 15th and 23rd. Anything goes after 14th…

Put me down! Can’t see the dates sorry (phone issue) but want to get involved in anything bike related.

1 Like

Monday at 7! Hope that works…

Add yourself here when you can:

https://discourse.southlondonmakerspace.org/t/21-00-bike-maintenance-meet-up/22134

1 Like