Big screen in one of the areas?

Hi Techs and Members,

Anyone have any ideas where the old big screen could be of good use in the space?

@CNCtechs
@3dtechs
@lasertechs
@woodtechs
@textilestechs
@electrotechs
@silkscreentechs
@metaltechs
@woodlathetechs

want it for your area?

Otherwise we should get rid of it…

Cheers,
Andy

1 Like

Interactive coffee table ?

1 Like

TV Top Gaming?

1 Like

monitor for the hard of seeing

1 Like

The textiles area?

1 Like

@textilestechs any interest?

Sorry! Coming to this a bit late. Is this still available? What is it actually - is it a TV - and what can it play? Can we stream things on it via the wifi? (Sorry - I know - I’m not very technical!).

If we can stream on it - then yes would be great for textile area so we could run craft sessions rom online courses

Yea its a TV, we can plug in a chomecast or something so you can stream to it… sounds like it could work! Let me know where in the area on the wall and we can set it up?

Yes, sounds great. Not sure which wall will suit it best - I’ll have a look next time I’m in

1 Like

There is wired internet available on the formal wall of wires

1 Like

Hi @TracyD, find a spot for it?

I haven’t been into the space since I’m afraid! I’ll try to get down tomorrow or Friday

1 Like

Put on the wall to get it out of the way of the humungous 3d printer… it can be moved easily where you like… @textilestechs

3 Likes

You are a star Andy!! Sorry I haven’t been able to get to the space to help. I had hoped to be there yesterday but have come down with some bug and ended up throwing up all day yesterday (I know, sorry, too much information).

Will be there soon.

2 Likes

Anyone seen the chromecast we had kicking about a while ago (or have something similar to donate) :slight_smile:

Thanks!!

1 Like

I have to check but I might have a spare old Roku

2 Likes

Omg, watching CSIs when knitting just reminded me of my mom lol

7 Likes

TV is powered now and remote has batteries…

Any chromecasts or rokus shown up yet?? :tv:

I have 2 rokus to bring down today

1 Like

Awesome! Much appreciated!