Big CNC - Help Setting Up This Weekend

Hi All

I am inducted on the big CNC but it’s over a year since I last used it. I have a new project that I’d like to take a shot at this weekend. Could a more experienced @BigCNCers watch over me whilst I set-up the first toolpath as a refresher? Ideally late afternoon / early evening on Saturday?

I am making a lid of a toy chest which I’d like to engrave the name of my niece into. I’ll be making it out of a 18mm oak furniture panel. I have the vCarve file prepared and ready:

The toolpaths are configured to:

  1. Pocket engrave “Avery” into the middle of the lid @ 4mm depth
  2. Profile a 5mm groove 20mm from the edge @ 4mm depth
  3. Profile cut through the outline of the lid @ 19mm depth

Any other advice on the project most welcome too!

I will be in on Saturday. Your planned toolpaths look good. How ru work holding?