Bicycle maintenance workshop

Yes! We used to have one, I think it broke or something, would be good to acquire another!

1 Like

Looking forward to meeting you folks next week. Last call for advice about any parts that might need ordering!

2 Likes

@hernehillier I’ve got a wee project that might benefit from your expertise. I’ll bring it down on Thursday and show you.

Quick overview below:

I bought mudguards for my CAADX but I doesn’t have the right eyelets so I’m going to cut down on some of the guard supports and need to create a plate to support the top bracket (see orange area on image below).

Hey @Luke_Willoughby,

I’ve made similar supports previously from spare SKS and other brackets, just takes a bolt cutter, grinder, file and some patience. Happy to help how I can but seems like your plan is good. I’ll see what I have in terms of brackets, and I might have some black touch up paint I can bring if you’re cutting the support out of a plate.

1 Like

Hi Luke,I found this… still will need some adjustments to work, but it’ll be more fun building something from scratch

see you on Wed

2 Likes

That looks interesting, but you’re right, it will be more fun making my own. Got my test brackets printed ready to try out on Wednesday

2 Likes

@hernehillier I’m not going to be able to make it down tonight anymore unfortunately. Would be good to meet up at some point to chat bikes etc. I hope tonight goes well. Will post pics of my bracket once cut and assembled. Cheers

2 Likes

A pity, but we’ll try again soon!

Great evening! Lots of bikes fixed up! See you next time!

6 Likes

Good fun last night and great to have so much expertise around the table!
Next one is 6th of Feb, so put it in your diaries :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I just spoke with my partner and was told it is not the parktool one he had brought, it’s the other one!

2 Likes

Nice try though :wink:

1 Like

Brain short…

we have 2 torque wrenches!

1 Like

Hi all,
How are we doing for another bike maintenance session?
I’m now a bit busy on the 6th and would join you a bit later, what do you think?
We can move it to 7th, but if enough of you are going, you don’t need really need me, right? :wink:
Clem

3 Likes

I’m keen and either 6th or 7th is good for me.

7/2 is good for me. If the plan is still to try making a wheel I can bring a 700c rim…

I’m trying to work out when I’m free in Feb., will confirm.

1 Like

Hi Humberto,
would be great to find a date where you are around too. So, let’s hear when you got a better idea about your diary and we’ll make plan around that.

1 Like

Agree @hernehillier you are the rockstar… personally I’m an early stage hacker