Best way to cut rough round shape in 10cm green oak - and any wood techs around Monday night/Tuesday daytime if it involves a bandsaw?

I checked it on google - have not made a physical check of the machine - but hopefully will be fine, will order one.

1 Like

How does that jig work? Log stands upright and you push it through?

There’s a jig in the video above (2min in) where you peg in your log upright one oredrilled holes on the board, you can set the radius of the finished blank, and then turn the log slowly to give a perfectly round blank.

Ask me next time I am in

1 Like

It worked a treat! Nice jig mark, thanks for making it.

My log was at the limit of height to fit under the guard…top and bottom inch was pretty decayed so had to use some card with the white pinnso it would engage the hole. First time without it the pin disengaged but you don’t notice until you go full circle and see the bark coming off as a spiral. Calum box of pins are next to the chop saw. This log was line wood, quite soft, I turned it slowly, be interesting to hear how harder woods fare.

Oh! Tried to trim off the top layer of decayed wood and the band gripped it and spun it off the table.

Anyone got ideas how to cut logs on their sides?