Basic sewing workshop

Hello!
From talking with members, I feel like some people are interested in learning how to use the sewing machines and some sewing basics. I’ll be super happy to do a workshop. Do people just want to learn how to operate the sewing machines or make something like a tote bag?
Ps: I’m not a professional seamstress I just enjoy sewing :grinning:

5 Likes

i would be up for this, if I can make the times

1 Like

Yes please! I have a couple of cushion inners I could donate for cushions for the brown sofa, so a workshop where I could learn how to make cushion covers would be brilliant. I’m also signing up for @StudioNelle screen printing workshop and I wondered if I could screen print a bit of fabric and then make it into a cushion cover.

2 Likes

Oh yes that’ll be fantastic!

1 Like

Or this might make nice cushions for that sofa. Or would it be too thin? http://www.abakhan.co.uk/fabric/craft-fabrics/cotton-prints/novelty-print/sewing-cotton-poplin-ivory-112cm.html

It should be thicker than cotton and normally used for clothes but why not?

No that’s fine I probably have some heavier fabric I could use. I just thought it might be cute to have a print with a maker-y theme.

Yes sure that was the plan for the next workshop. They last one went pretty badly in my opinion, so wanted to run it again.

Will add full details to the events page tonight or tomorrow. Have a few amendments I have to also update on meetup.

I will be using calico fabric, so if you wanted to bring your own fabric to print. That will be ok too. I have cushion and templates to use.

1 Like

Sounds intriguing!

It would be perfect for a sewing machine cover

Yes it would have looked good!

I’d take a course on how to not break the machines :slight_smile: yes please

1 Like

I’d be interested too! Thanks!

1 Like

For me Sunday afternoons are good how about everyone?

3 Likes

Sundays are good for me

1 Like

Maybe the run up to Christmas is a bit too busy? Should we do it in the new year?

Sunday afternoons work, happy after Xmas if that’s th plan, it is getting busier

1 Like

Hi, is there still sewing inductions? There was a lady at the opening tonight asking about them.

Thanks,
Charlotte

Hi, you don’t need an induction to use the sewing machines but if you need someone to show you how to use them you can post a message on discourse and I’m sure someone would be happy to :blush:

1 Like