Articulating stand with 4040 extrusion

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to make a stand using some 4040 extrusion and 3d printed braces / brackets.

For this I need to cut down some extrusion to size, drill some holes, and tap some threads. I could do this at home but the precision won’t be great, and with cutting/tapping fluid things could get messy. I already have the 3d printed pieces sorted

It would be great if I could use the drill press and saw in the metal shop, but I know there’s no formal induction process at the moment.

Would it be possible for someone to onboard me for these tools, maybe one of the @metaltechs? Alternatively, I’m very happy to have some help drilling/ cutting if someone has time.

The tapping should be fairly straight forward so can do this at home if necessary. I have my own cutting fluid and set of taps/dies if it helps.

Sure could do, I’m going be there in half an hour and i think @Kyle is there at the space as well.

1 Like

Hi @scythian

Sorry I missed this! When are you likely to be in next and have some time?

I’m going to be in later today for the resin printer induction and can be in before/after if that works.

Hi I would be in closer to the evening to do some soldering, so we can meet there

That would be great, thank you! I’ll keep an eye out for you after the induction.