Arduino Day - Planning

I’m just neatening up my original copy, which reads as a bit jagged, and a little flat. I’ll send it over when I’ve seen what gets confirmed.

I’m saying this about Saturday:

This is our main open day, and will suit all ages and experience levels

@Courty I’m saying this about Sunday:

This is geared to the more experienced hardware hackers and or/coders

Is that accurate?

P.S. do we have anyone presenting any talks? If not we should strike that.

Adding Federico – @markfede – into the mix as he’s prepped a low voltage version of his irrigation system to demo.

1 Like

Arduino 101? (no one confirmed for this on our side I’m afraid due to Maker Faire UK exodus)

Thanks Andrea. Could be at any time of the day or drop in once we have enough sign ups. I have some Arduino kits that people can buy (at cost) if they don’t have their own.

learn to solder?(not run by us either for same reason as above :weary:)

I could help run this as well as well if needed, but yes we need some kits!

This is our main open day, and will suit all ages and experience levels

Sounds good

P.S. do we have anyone presenting any talks?

Not that I’m aware of.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for my absence here, all a bit mad this end.

A couple of concerns / observations …

I’m doing Sunday and will run the ‘Intro to Arduino’ and ESP8266 intros as per the blog.
The blog however mentions ‘an intro too Arduino’ on Saturday as well, who is running that one ? @emuboy ?
If Andreas isn’t doing it then we need to pull it ASAP from the site.

I have 6 ESP8266 boards so that limits the workshops to 5 participants and as it mentions in the blog, this is for people who are reasonable with Arduino and the Arduino IDE, defo not a beginners course.
I believe Andreas was going to be there Sunday as well ? if not I will need assistance. (call to arms)

Last time I looked for the badges there only seemed to be a few left in the box, i’m sure we had a bunch more in the Snug, think we need to send in a rescue party ASAP to find them. Also Tom (UnknownD) said he had some bits in his garage, may be worth checking in with him.

Its a shame Pi-Wars and MakerFair UK are all on the same day, poor planning by the powers that be…

Courty

Hiya, I have no idea how to attach a previous post text, but Andrea has said he will run the Arduino 101 on Saturday. I can confirm both me and him will be there on Sunday as well.
I won’t be any help with intermediate level Arduino but Andrea will and is happy to help you on Sunday @Courty ! I understand the session on Saturday will be for beginners?

1 Like

only asking about Saturday to work out how useful I will be :slight_smile:

Cool - i’ve sent Andreas the powerpoint I used last year (Updated with the new logos etc)

I am absolutely gutted I cant make it on Saturday :frowning:

Courty

P.S. I had a load of the Arduino day stickers printed too so will bring those along on Thursday !

I can help on Sunday.

What esp8266 board do you use, @Courty? I may have some to lend.

i’ve got a bunch of the Node0.9’s with the ESP12e’s on them + I have a few other bits if needed.
Feel free to bring some along as they could be used for 1 on 1’s and break outs - i’m not sure doing more than 5 people at a time for a course is really do-able anyway given the subject matter.

Courty

I can help on Sunday around 2 .

2 Likes

@unknowndomain do you have any blinky badges for the learn to solder workshops?

I’ll be there too to help out

1 Like

Ok, will do.

1 Like

This is #marvellousbehaviour from MakerSpace. Love it. Anything I can do to help, let me know. Not electronically obvs as for me thats like ‘a bullock lookin into a bush’ :joy:. Jackie

@Dermot Looking into this tomorrow at the studio! Will confirm back by then what systems I might be able to bring in to demo large scale applications that came out of arduino prototyping.

2 Likes

@dermot I have to work that weekend so won’t be able to make it.

Andreas & Hannah mentioned they could run it, we might have someone from London Arduino who could as well (still tbc) and of course if needed and time allows I could do it as well.

The other question is: if we’re doing a proper workshop we need a quiet-ish space, is that possible? ( + a screen or video-projector).
We’d need to add on the event page that people need to bring their laptop to take part in workshops

Also @Courty: can you confirm that your workshop on Sunday is drop in only (I have people asking where they can sign up)

Do you want me to bring the wood-fired esp8266 pizza oven on Sunday?

2 Likes

Rhetorical question?

3 Likes