Arch2 volunteer opportunities - Helpers needed

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa49e54ec88>

I think it would be more tidy to get rid of the plastic ones and have have evenly spaced metal cable ties.

Remember your work is going to be in full View of other members for years to come and we will be judgemental

:slight_smile:

I’ll be down there closer to 12:30 today

1 Like

Remember that trainers and flat bottom footwear is on a ladder is a bad idea.

Scissor a ladder and you can castrate yourself and break your pelvis in one clean move.

1 Like

@Geraetefreund should be there and he will be able to show you the ropes :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ll be coming by to help out closer to 2:30pm.

Was hoping to come by earlier this morning, but something came up.

2 Likes

I’ll be there as well soon.

1 Like

Should we be replacing the plastic straps around the led lamps as well?

In the photo you can see straps around a loose bundle of cables, as well as the grey ferrite cores.

2 Likes

The rule is is that no cable prematurely collapse in a fire, I don’t think those cables lupin down are long enough to cause a hazard or entangled someone escaping a fire.

But feel free to replace them if you want

PS 10/10 for observation and asking intelligent questions

3 Likes

I think we’re going to need a longer ladder to replace all of the plastic straps, particularly in the harder to reach areas where the moving scaffold can’t go.

We’ll also need another bag of the smaller metal straps (there’s still probably 50 or so left, along with a bag of the longer straps)

I’ll come by again next week a day or two to carry on with it, probably Tuesday and Wednesday

4 Likes

Hi, is there anything I can help with over the next couple of weeks? I’m free for a few hours/week for any odd jobs but especially with any wood working tools and equipment as I’m keen to learn more about these.

1 Like