Apron-a-thon part 2

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa499bd6ee8>

With the soon-to-be opening of Ceramics, we need Potters Aprons!
These have a split in them to allow easy sitting at the wheel. They should be quite simple so would be great to blitz through a few of them so would be lovely to have a couple of helpers.

It’s not a sewing lesson I’m afraid, and I need to keep numbers fairly manageable for the room size so please let me know if you are interested in case I need to set up a rota system. I will be here Sat and Sunday afternoon. You don’t have to commit to the full sessions and there’s plenty for non-sewers to do too.

We will be using this pattern

Tasks may include:

• sticking together pattern pieces
  • cutting fabric
  • pinning
  • sewing
  • making cups of coffee
  • mopping the sewers fevered brows
  • feeding the head-sewer (ie me) chocolate

etc etc

Also - if anyone has any suitable fabric they would like to donate, let me know. I have some cottons, but something a bit thicker may be more practical.

1 Like

I’ll be around on both days - do we want to embroider the logo on them to?

4 Likes

Ohhh - hadn’t even crossed my mind - but yes - if fabric allows! Fab idea!

Great idea!

Hi Tracy, would love to join this on Sunday (not Saturday)!

Thanks Cecilia - see you on Sunday

Hi Tracy! My mum was interested in seeing the space and is an avid textile crafty person, any chance she could join if I bring her along?

Of course!

1 Like

Special thanks today to cecilia and James for their help today!

2 Likes

Thanks so much Tracy for reaching us how to sew! I absolutely enjoyed it and would love to finish the last apron!

Maybe I can try come down this/next week if you or someone else who is also experienced can come as well? I am free this Friday afternoon, so will try popping in then