Anybody traveling to/through Howden in the near future?

Weird one I know. There’s a benchtop pillar drill I want up there and there’s no way for me to make the drive there and back and meet childcare needs back here any time soon. I’m probably going to use a courier service but thought I’d put it up here first just in case. Still waiting on quotes over bank holiday from couriers, but If you’re headed that way any time soon, for family or business perhaps, and you wouldn’t mind lugging a (probably fairly heavy) chunk of British iron back with you, then whatever they are asking I’m happy to give you instead for your troubles.

No expectations, just thought I’d throw it out there.

1 Like

Depending on how soon it’s needed, I’d be up for picking it up for cost of car hire, CDW excess insurance and the petrol for the trip. I enjoy road trips and there are a couple of places in that area I’d like to visit. Courier may work out cheaper though.

2 Likes

hey tripp. i’m currently 18 miles away from howden visiting family. could take a detour on my voyage back south tomorrow as long as it’s a) ready/available early afternoon, and b) will fit in the back of a golf mk6. lemme know…

2 Likes

Thanks so much both for the offers, the seller hasn’t been responsive to my queries so far so I haven’t been able to get their availability. It’d be great if things worked out Jim, if I give them until noon tomorrow to get back to me do you think that’s enough time to let you know before you depart?

Otherwise I’ve got some fairly reasonable quotes from couriers coming in now so can always go that route.

yeah no probs, i’ll check here before i set off

The seller is still silent. Shame, thanks for the offer anyway and safe travels!

ok never mind, maybe next time

Hey mate, I’m guessing you’re on your way back? He just got in touch.

Guessing Jim is on the road back to London. Dan, if you’re still game, any idea how much the journey will cost you?

Very quick estimate

Car rental 1 day: £37
CDW excess insurance: £7
Petrol 400 miles: £75 (estimated).

You might save costs by letting me use your car if available (unless it’s a gas guzzler). Then it would just be petrol and insurance - either added to your policy or daily here:

https://www.questor-insurance.co.uk/?utm_medium=1&utm_source=900&utm_campaign=2476c480-bda3-410d-b889-5d4dd6faf788&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjw_-GxBhC1ARIsADGgDjuEW-lmJBfIT8bYy0S4iJooVqB4wyBOg7jsDkciqWgRdIb3MB4M1-8aAj2HEALw_wcB

Hi Dan, if you’re game then this works for me. Do you have availability this week?

Could possibly do Friday, but not sure, next week would be better. Car rental prices are also higher if short notice. Or would using your car be an option?

Hey Dan, on second (third thought?) I think it’s best to stand down. The seller isn’t being very communicative and I’d feel really bad dragging anybody else into the negotiations. I think there’s a very real chance you’d end up getting there only for them to flake at the last minute.

That wouldn’t be a problem as far as I’m concerned, but it would be really inconvenient for you. If seller starts to be communicative and you have fourth or fifth thoughts, just let me know. But car rental prices can jump up.

1 Like

argh i was yeah, JUST! be back up there in a few weeks if nothing materialises in the mean time…

1 Like