Any recommendations on where I could get some steel milled?

Hi gang, figured there was a chance someone here might know someone or someplace able to do this. Basically I have a largish steel bracket. It’s milled flat on the bottom side but only milled flat and square on a small portion of the perpendicular side. You can see here at the top:

I’d like to mill it flat (and square to the bottom side) along the whole length of that side and continue the hole spacing along the length as well. Does anybody know someplace able to bang this out for a good price? I’d do it myself but I think the jobs a bit out of the space’s current equipped ability.

Thanks for reading!

Hi Tripp,:smiley: are we talking mills, microns or thals (not the dr who one lol ) as to answer your question yes I do know a place . Im sure if you give them a bit of cash and a packet of milk chocolate biscuits im sure they could help you out. Keep well . Brian D=

Hey Brian, thanks for the response! Somewhere between mills and microns I’d reckon. I was shooting for 0.005 mm +/- but can be reasoned with. The bracket is going to be the backbone of a custom vertical mini mill so whatever precision I can reasonably get will be appreciated when I’m tramming later.

Hi Tripp,

With stuff in the hobby shop, hitting within a thousand of an inch is pretty good day. That is equivalent of 0.0254mm. Once we get to singular “tenths” territory, that’s different finishing methods like grinding. The saying goes, an order of magnitude of precision takes an order of magnitude more expense.