Analogue Geometric Wall Clock

Started on this the other night thicknessing and ripping strips to make a long length that I cut down into tiles and glued together.
An absolute pain in the ass to glue, few little gaps here and there but overall I’m very happy with it…
Got enough tiles left to do another 2 I reckon, anyone fancy buying a clock :wink: makerspace donation of course…!
The woods are wenge, maple, oak, and possibly cedar or something… (?)
Similar fashion to @tomnewsom 's coffee table, a stunning project ( Decorative wood patterned coffee table)
I especially liked this arrangement so thought I’d try something similar…

Having built it up 3D the idea for turning it into a clock emerged.

Now the decision comes for numbers or no numbers… thoughts?

Mechanism has been ordered, will post a final picture with it all working…

9 Likes

What colour are the clock hands? If black, I’d spray the numbers black to match. That would look cool. At the mo I think the wood coloured numbers clash a little too much. Distracts from the awesomeness that is the design you’ve done. Maybe also scale the numbers down too. Want to see more of the design in my opinion. Stunning work there :+1:

I went for silver, I’ll wait til the mechanisms fitted - may not even need them as the geometry roughly reflects what the numbers represent…

1 Like

Gorgeous woodwork :+1:

Tongue-in-cheek: If you’d set out to make a clock, you’d have made something with 12-fold symmetry :slight_smile:

I agree with Dale; the numbers clash

How about some simple “ticks” instead?

Aye, the clock idea came later… I just fancied doing a pattern, then came the layering idea at which point I thought it’d work as a clock…

Yeah ticks could work - thanks

Leave the numbers off I’d say. Nobody really uses wall clocks to tell the time, do they?

1 Like

Hmmmmmmm…