All ideas for the Makerspace summer 2017 Saturday 29th July party go here!

Do we need to get some tote bags somehow? It’s the day after tomorrow, anyone know anywhere you can buy them of the shelf?

https://thecleverbaggers.co.uk/ was recommended to me

1 Like

Or…make a bag first over in the textiles corner?

1 Like

Did we say / advertise what time this get-together should start?

Sarah mentioned 3 pm. But we should get some information out to members/public ASAP.

It’s a week on Saturday not tomorrow!

1 Like

I wonder if 3 is too early since we haven’t actually organised anything yet. If it’s more of a party for us and less of an open afternoon thing, maybe we should start at 5. Then kids could still come for the late afternoon /early evening part but it wouldn’t take up too much of people’s day. What do you think?

Plus if we start at 5 we can legitimately start drinking straight away. :slight_smile:

1 Like

haha, thanks Sarah, I blame the jetlag…! *facepalm*

I’ll order some tote bags so we can print them.

Did we buy a new BBQ?

We can pop out and buy food Saturday (29th!) morning? We can make some salads at the space and get the BBQ fired up a bit before 3pm?

@events / @marketing - what I need to do to help advertise 3pm or 5pm 29th July Summer BBQ?

1 Like

I like the way you think Sarah :slight_smile: Is it bad if I say that about 12pm?

5pm works for me, more time to have a lie in then start prep.

1 Like

@cibelesoaresalvareng - I’ve ordered 40 long handled tote bags, figure we can always use them - we could even have them for sale similar to laser cutting materials. Was £40 with postage.

1 Like

If you guys replenish in the future there is a great small business called Gardner’s he sells them quite a bit cheaper i think something luke 100 at £65.

3 Likes

If you have a link/contact then I’ll share it with my friend as he does occasional workshop with Transition Town Tooting.

Annoyingly I don’t think he has a web he’s that old school. But has a number 020 7247 5119. It worth your friend going down checking out he’s near spitafields market and is an Aladdin cave of all kinds of bags.

1 Like

no bbq yet. lots of suggestions but not much action :blush:

we’re running out of time if we want to buy it from amazon. but i guess if we buy it this weekend it could still work.
otherwise we’ll be at the mercy of the local DIY store.

this is the only one so far with two grills (one meat, one vegi):

lets say this is last day for browsing and get one over the weekend:

specs:

• a bbq
  • lid
  • wheels
  • two grills

I think @SarahJ is borrowing a BBQ.

I think we need a spreadsheet/to-do list that we can tick off.

@StudioNelle has ordered to get meat from the market too.

could just work from this wiki

D’oh! Yeah, that would be the sort of thing. Maybe make it’s own thread, disable comments and we won’t lose it?

some kind of making competition?

• teams
  • make something
  • voting clap-ometer
  • a prize

I’ve got mine from him, traditional and supporting local markets