All ideas for the Makerspace summer 2017 Saturday 29th July party go here!

I think Luke’s talking about the photo booth!

But The Wire, The Game could be incorporated…police mug shots?

1 Like

Photocopy machine lie detector!

1 Like

The Wire Quiz! Count me in, “and I’m not even Greek”!

1 Like

Shall we?

for what it’s worth, a friend bought this and it seemed a good all-rounder (and has a lid, which I think is worth paying for). £120, which is a chunk more tho’.

Having been the one thats probably done the most BBQing at Makerspace in the past the BBQ we had was very good, I would strongly recommend we buy a replacement of that, over fancy drum BBQs.

It was big and got up a good temprature, which the owner said was it’s design purpose.

Just bumping this!

A post was split to a new topic: Summer Party 2017 Wiki

I like that this one has two separate grills. But don’t the barrel bottom ones need loads of charcoal to get a hot enough cooking surface? A friend has one that we cooked for 50 people on on a camping trip and it was brilliant, similar trolley set up to that but with a flat bottom so it didn’t need much charcoal. Having two separate grills is brilliant for keeping food hot once it’s cooked.

I’ve asked my friend where he got his from as I can’t find anything similar by googling.

For what it’s worth, one of the nice things about the one I linked to is that the charcoal sits in an adjustable height tray, not the barrel bottom.

1 Like

The one we used for camping is from B&Q but they don’t have it on sale at the mo. But he’s very happy to lend it to us for the party.

This is soon! Sorry I’ve not been around to help, what’s the weather to be like Saturday? I’ll run the bbq for a bit, happy also to join someone on a supermarket run to get food if that someone has a vehicle?

@members

Sadly can’t come as I’ll be away, but would suggest someone popping along to Smithfield market early one morning (4am-ish). You can get loads of meat from there for a fraction of the price of the supermarkets. Used to get a big bag of extra-large chicken breasts with about 18 breasts for £20. They also do large boxes of the burgers they use in kebab shops and burger vans and large packs of sausages for cheap. Definitely better than paying silly money in sainsburys or buying the cheap frozen stuff.

1 Like

can help with a car trip.
but not at 4am to smithfields ha ha

actually looks like sarahJ already down to do the food so going threw the list we could pick up the drinks? what do you think?

1 Like

I’ll be really happy to bring some food or anything that needs doing?

You can put your name next to something that you like on the list that Sarah wrote. I think that’s so we can divide the work up

I cycle through most mornings as its not far from me. Happy to do a pick up, clean and season meat if someone wants to put it on the bbq, doubt I’ll be at the party, but happy to collect meat and drop off the night before.

2 Likes

Looking forward for the summer party and I can help out with the food too @SarahJ, and I would like some help for th was thinking in 'Print your own bag " type of thing.