All ideas for the Makerspace summer 2017 Saturday 29th July party go here!

As per the title: this is a thread for all the ideas – and vibrant discussion of those ideas.

Have moved @SarahJ’s WiKi here

9 posts were split to a new topic: Issues with date poll

The wire game has to come out again :slight_smile:

T shirt printing…

3 Likes

How about

• Doing it simulaneously at the space and in Brokwell Park
  • Negotiating a deal with Canopy Brewery for cheap(er) beer on the day to members.

I wish this was The Wire game, but suspect it’s not! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe a (manned or unmanned) photo-booth? So we can take some snaps of members mugshots?

4 Likes

Given the relatively large distance between these two spaces I don’t think this will work, everyone will end up in one place or another and some folks will be stuck holding down the fort in the other place…

I would suggest we focus on doing this one at Makerspace, and have a social in the park as was suggested by Stefano ages ago some time sooner than the summer party.

1 Like

I can help with that…

BBQ is mandatory. We need to make / buy one?

3 Likes

yes i think the old BBQ gave all it had to give at the last event!
we’ll need a new one.

we could buy something. im guessing we want some failry sturdy.
with wheels so it can go in the snug.

or we can adapt the oil drum with a drop in bottom and grate.
up for this if some one wants to help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

or this? with two seperate grills.
so you can cook vegitarian options and meats seperatly at the same time!!
no more of that awkwardness of having to do the vegi stuff first and then meat, and blah blah blah.
everyone can eat together instead.

http://amzn.eu/41o8stQ

1 Like

All these are great ideas, where are we storing this after is another important consideration?

We could have our park outing to the Lambeth Country Show on the 15th & 16th July.

1 Like

This needs a bump – it’s in 3 and a bit weeks!

Let’s get a few people to meet up and start a bit of planning.

Is tomorrow evening too soon? I was planning to roll up to electronics for about 7:30…

Can we make one?

FYI I can’t be there. Boo!

I’m happy to help organise it. We do some party planning at the social evening on Tuesday?

1 Like

Good call

I was thinking of a simple setup, with some lights and a background (as this would be only for one event), with a camera on a tripod, so people can either take self portraits or someone can be in charge of it manning it.

1 Like

Haha…no I meant The Wire, the game.

1 Like