Advice please - removing water stain from wooden floor

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa498f39d70>

A good friend is about to move out of a flat, and she’s worried that the landlord is going to charge her for some water stains on the wooden floor. The stains are from water condensing on her water bottle, and running down when she put it on the floor next to the bed.
I can’t tell whether the floor is oiled/waxed or varnished.
Can anyone offer any tips on how to get rid of these stains?
(Just to pre-empt an entirely reasonable / logical question: I don’t think she’s willing to open a conversation with the landlord to find out what kind of flooring it is, as they don’t have the best of relationships - hence her moving out!).
Cheers :smiley:

IMG_20200827_193540 IMG_20200827_193619_1

IMG_20200827_193605_1

I’ve used ring remover on furniture tops and worked well…different brands…The liberion blurb is…

This Liberon product removes white heat and water marks from most hard surfaces. Purpose Liberon Ring Remover will remove most white water marks and heat marks from highly polished surfaces including French polishes lacquers varnishes and modern hard finishes. Performance-Removes most white water and heat marks-Suitable for use on varnishes lacquers and French polishes-Safe to use on teak-Non-colouring-Revives and shines most finishes.

Follow instructions . Try a test area. Sometimes it dissappears. Sometimes it suppresses it and you might see a bit left behind.

1 Like

Some very fine sanding 240 or 400 grit and leave the sawdust to full the grain. Actively try to sweep the sawdust to film over what’s left of the stain. Trick is don’t over sand…from a distance you want it to look natural wear and tear…rather than a sanded patch sticking out

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll pass this info on to her.
Cheers :smiley: