Adobe intro training (if anyones interested)

Count me in please

I clearly can’t read! I will be away next Monday :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Haha all good! There will be another time, enjoy your break

Hi @charlottecou !
Please let me know if you need hand with the training. I have experience in both Illustrator and Photoshop. I used to run summer internship for industrial design students on Adobe CS. I can also share set of basic online tutorials with you if it would help.

3 Likes

That could be useful. I’m alright with Photoshop.

Adobe software is powerful but far from intuitive, for me anyway.

Each application seems to have it’s own style of operation.

Once you ‘get’ the style you can play around a bit and find YouTube videos to do most things.

It once took me 3 hours to follow a 30 minute After Effects tutorial video! And it was definitely worth it

Yeah it’s a legacy from the various different teams that work on the products and that some of them were made by different companies that got bought out.

Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop are much better than they used to be, when they first integrated aspects of illustrator into photoshop it was a mess and similarly when they merged Macromedia Fireworks into Adobe Illustrator.

Been using their software for a long time and only know a handful of the features. Always learning new stuff.

Happy to do a session on Illustrator at some point for folks.

Yeah that would be great! Doesn’t look like there are many coming this Monday but it would be good to be able to point to online tutorials to people after the session so they can play around :slight_smile:

Thanks @unknowndomain

Very interesting.

I remember Fireworks did animation, so does Illustrator do that now?

Adobe seem to ignore the right mouse button which I assume is a Mac legacy? Customised use of the middle mouse button would be useful too

No not really.

I suspect you are right about the Mac thing.

Was that ‘No’ to animation or 2nd/3rd mouse button?

No Illustrator doesn’t do animation there is Adobe After Effects for animation now. There is a right click option now as well on the Adobe’s, but not sure about the middle button.

I’m coming Monday! 7.30 illustrator right?

1 Like

Yep, Illustrator this week

Yeah, it’s worth remembering that this isn’t CAD software nor is t animation software. They didn’t port everything from fireworks.

Thank you ever so much @charlottecou for an efficient, informative and inspirational Illustrator crash course.

One imaginary makerspace coin to you :dvd:

1 Like

Not a problem, glad I could help out :slight_smile:

Hey guys - a bit late on the follow up butttt…

If anyone is keen on learning a brief intro to InDesign and Illustrator how is Wednesday the 18th of April?

Just like this post if you are keen on coming along :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Charlotte

2 Likes

Hey just a reminder that this Wed I will be doing a crash course in Illustrator/Indesign

That’s great. How do we express an interest, do we show up with a laptop with Illustrator/I Design/photoshop installed ?

Ah if you have it - that would help. But mostly I’ll be showing the essentials and if you come with a project or something you wanted to achieve in mind then I can show you the steps to do it.